Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What is going on in Parliament

I added a new link. It leads to Open Parliament, a site that connects you Your members of Parliament, what they are saying and how they are voting on legislation before the house. I found this on twitter, I can't recall who first posted it. It is a great place doe anyone who wants to see what they are vetting for their money.
This is one of the many reasons I place more trust in government than in business. Government for all its' faults, works largely before the public. Anyone interested in the goings on of MPs can read a paper, visit websites or drop by their constituency office. Government is not perfect, but the nature of Liberal Democracy leans towards openness. The nature of business is by necessity, more secretive. So in the chain of command I prefer business to be subordinate to government if only by a small margin.
I also included the government website that links direct to legislation that is before the house.

April 13 2010 - 1:48 pm
Update: I found the Open Parliament site through a Twitter by Andrew Coyne

No comments:

Post a Comment